Saturday, March 14, 2009

What a difference

So, as you can tell, I'm not good at this blogging thing. I am so excited that I have been given this opportunity. Just in this short time I see a difference in how my family eats. My favorite snacks are radishes, mushrooms, and jello. The only problem is keeping enough on hand, because the kids eat it all before I can get to it.
Last night my husband and I went to dinner for our 17th anniversary. I allowed myself to eat whatever, knowing that I needed to keep a handle on how much. I enjoyed it, until an hour later when my stomach didn't feel so good. Because I have been eating so healthy, and I have been making good healthy choices, I found that the food was either too greasy, fattening or ... Whatever it was my body didn't like it. I don't really miss these foods either. That is a huge step for me.
As for the exercise, it has helped that my husband is supportive. He goes with me to exercise, encourages me to extend myself a litle bit more, and keeps me on track. I haven't had that since my friend Tami would go with me daily. She is unable to go with me anymore because she was diagnosed with ALS 2 years ago. She is doesn't have the use of her limbs. The disease has taken everything away from her. I want to show her that I can do this for both of us. I will do the things that she can't do anymore, and be successful with this challenge. I miss her walking next to me, talking about life, but who better to have with me in this moment of my life then my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is so cool that you have your husband to be with you and help you. I want to be that kind of husband one day.
    I can tell you are makeing fast progress (I think that is part of the reason you have been so tired). You are going so fast your body hardly has time to catch up! But don't worry, our bodies are amazing. They can adapt to any load we give them.
    Keep up the good work and don't get discuraged.

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete